Bucket List

Today I saw the first exhibition in 25 years of a very important portuguese artist: José de Almada Negreiros. For those who studied even just a little of Portugal's 20th century history, this is a familiar name. He was not only a painter but he also made drawings, cartoons, story boards, movie posters, stained glass, ceramics, coreographed ballets... He even worked for Paramount Pictures. He was part of a group of artists that defined the new aesthetic for the portuguese art scene in the 20th century.

Although a wonderfully curated exhibition, the best moment to me was seeing in real life a painting called "Maternity".

I had only seen it in my History books. And there it was.


The characteristic voluptuous woman, the massive feet and the oh so delicate facial features of both the mother and child... there's no photo I can take that makes this painting justice, so just go ahead and see it.

One more ✔ on the bucket list!


Museu Calouste Gulbenkian, Lisbon. For more informations, click here.

Have a wonderful sunday and hug your mommy!
XOXO,

M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Universal

5 fashion things having a job has taught me

Colour wishes