The travel diaries: Japanese Impressions part 8

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
And time has come to say goodbye to Japan. This is the final post, about our final day.

We reserved a very special trip for the last day.



The four us took Albus to see Nikko. And these are some of the photographs we took.












Up to this point, we followed the traditional trail. We saw a trail that would lead us to a waterfall and thought "Why not?".


Looks like the setting of a Tolkien book.









The day didn't end well. The weather suddenly changed and it started raining and we heard way too many thunders. 
As we hurried back to the station, on foot and without anything that could resemble a raincoat, the group got separated. Boys went on ahead and girls stayed behind. A car stopped and a middle aged japanese man invited Mariana and I to get in, to take cover. The scenario seems frightening and I didn't tell my parents about this until I was back in Portugal. 

We got in the car, not really knowing what was going to happen. The man asked us "Station?" and we nodded yes. We drove down the avenue that would lead us to the train station. The man then asked us "cold? coffee?". We thanked him and said we were okay, smiled and bowed our heads. This very nice man stopped at a 7 Eleven, left us in the car with the keys in the ignition. He then returned with two lattes and two small towels, so we could wipe the water from our faces. Can you believe this?
When we reached the station, he asked us to wait, got out of the car and got two umbrellas from the trunk. He opened my passenger door holding out and opened umbrella and gave it to me; he got under the other one with Mariana and walked us to the station. By this time, we were astonished by this man's generosity and kindness. we thanked him more times than I can count, tried to pay him for the coffee (he obviously refused) and hugged him. He returned to the car and drove away.

Japan has not amazed me as much as China did 3 years ago, but it did have its moments and this is a memory I'll cherish. Faith in Humanity: restored.

This was Japan, as seen by this girl's lens. Hope you enjoyed reading what little I wrote down and viewing the considerable number of photographs I've posted.

See you in my next adventure.

M


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Universal

Tuesday with a little Tease

5 fashion things having a job has taught me